Capture your own beautiful Images
All Photography Workshop Tours include transportation to and from your Fairbanks accommodations, photography instruction and Aurora Portraits and are single night trips*
Learn to photograph the Northern Lights with true Professional Aurora Photographers. We'll demystify the secrets to predicting, finding and photographing the Aurora Borealis so that you go home with professional quality images of the Northern Lights*. Bring your camera, a bit of patience and maybe an energy drink and we'll spend a night out under Alaska's magical night sky. We'll take you to one of our favorite locations to photograph "The Lights" and show you how to set up your gear to make stunning images of your own. We'll also make sure you go home with a few Aurora Portraits from your experience.
What you'll need to bring...
• A DSLR is highly recommended (some Mirrorless and micro 4/3rds bodies are quite capable but please inquire at the time of booking if there are any questions) A limited number of rental kits are available locally at Alaska Camera. Tell them Ronn sent you for the Aurora rental kit.
• A good wide angle lens with a large maximum aperture.
• A solid tripod. This is critical! (We have a limited number of these for rent)
• Your camera's manual
• Extra Batteries
• A headlamp or flashlight
• A Ziploc bag large enough for your camera and lens
•Warm clothing sufficient for 40 below
Recommended but optional
• Shutter release cable
• Desiccant such as Damprid
• Get a head start on Aurora Photography and the science of the Northern Lights with longtime Aurora Chaser and tour guide Patrick Endres' eBook.
*Aurora and weather conditions permitting. You should also bring the minimum required photographic gear to make the most of your workshop tour.